Origination of Orasac
Orašac is a young settlement, founded in the first half of the 18th century, in the time of Austrian occupation of northern Serbia (1718-1739), when Serb population was moveing in hopeing that under Christian rule will have a better life.The village is probably named after the nuts which have always been here. The region in which the village is now located was inhabited in prehistoric times as evidenced in the cave Risovaca at the entrance to Aranđelovac. The cave is the emplacement of numerous remains of life and human traces of Culture of Stone Age (paleolit about 3500- 800 BC.) Collected pottery at the site Celova Glavica in Orasac provides indications that there was a prehistoric settlement of urban type. In ancient times this was the areo of settlements of Illyrians, Thracians, Celts and Greeks which were conquested by Romans at the entrance into a New Era. Examples of money and dishes testify about Conquests , found in the villages Misaca and Banja, as well as the archaeological site of the Roman castle in the village of Stojnik. In the Middle Ages,Sumadija becames the territory of Serbian state, during the time of King Milutin and Stefan of Decani. In the nearby village Brezovac, Djordje Brankovic has built a church dedicated to the Archangel Michael in 1444. The church was rebuilt in the reign of Prince Milos in 1836. and it used to be one of the first churches in the Serbia. With the fall of the Turkish government Orasac becomes a part of Smederevo Sandzak and then becomes a part of Belgrade province. Prior to the first and second Serbian uprising Belgrade Pasha jurisdiction has 12 nahiye. Orasac, as the part of Northern Serbia by the Pozarevac peace document, became under Austrian govermnment and remained under their occupation from 1718 to 1739. After leaving of the Austrians from Serbia Turks again seduce the old division of the district.
Archives about Orasac
The village is situated around Orasac stream. Later settlers were settled on the hills between Vrbljak and Misaca. That is why today Orasac is the village of scattered hamlets and divided into groups of houses of relatives.The main part of the village is on the way Mladenovac-Aranđelovac. During the Uprising Orašac had 30 houses and the main industry was farming. Describing Orasac in the late 19th century, Kanitz says he saw “little vineyards that are poorly in production, and historically significant oak forest, where in 15th February in 1804. a handful of courageous patriots decided to betake rebellion against Turkish bullies, destroying to the last trace”. In the area of Orasac, on the Misaca hill, as Kanitz wrote, a few centuries ago through the rock was cut the road 50 meters long, and 15 meters wide.The "lane", which people attributed to Damned Jerina, went out on a trip to the city of Smederevo up to Ostrovica likely to make it easier to connect with the surrounding mines with Danube. Kanitz further states that the “lane” was built by German miners employed in the mining of iron in Vencac mountain. Economic development of the village includes the mining, extraction of coal in mines Orasac and Vrbica at one district and Misaca which is one km away. Pits are closed in 1961. due to unprofitability. Nowadays, the main industry is farming and agriculture.